In order to ensure that the programme attains its intended goals, there is need for close supervision of SPC programme implementation in SPC schools, requiring state-wide coordination, cooperation between stakeholders and necessary course corrections, based on changing needs and circumstances.Therefore, a hierarchy of advisory bodies and executive officials has been constituted, with clear role and responsibilities for project implementation, as below:
This is the highest policy-making body in the SPC hierarchy, with authority to approve selection of schools, formulate guidelines for project implementation, issue directions to SPC programme officials, and ensure adherence to project guidelines by all stakeholders.Said Committee comprises Director General of Police as Chairman, Education Secretary as Convenor, and Director of Public Instruction (DPI), Department Heads of Higher Secondary, Vocational Higher Secondary, Forest, Excise, Transport, and Local Self-Government as members. Other departments and agencies included in State Advisory Committee are Youth Affairs, Sports Council, NRHM, and others as per discretion and decision of Government, or as felt necessary by State Committee itself. State Advisory Committee has the responsibility of monitoring and assessing statewide project implementation, which is done through the State Nodal Officer, a designated police official with statewide authority. State Advisory Committee is required to develop and submit an annual project implementation report to Government, each year. State Advisory Committee will meet on a regular basis to monitor progress and status of statewide SPC project implementation. Secretary of State Advisory Committee will be a police officer of rank IGP (HQ)
• Advising Government in the development of SPC programme
• Helping Government departments plan and implement SPC programmes
• Making arrangements for preparation of training modules for key persons and CPOs
• Making arrangements for the periodic evaluation of SPC Programmes.
• Encouraging research and publication works in connection with SPC.
• Overseeing the maintenance of state, district, school level records for the implementation of the programme
• Supervising the functioning of SPC at various levels.
• Recommending the government to increase the strength of cadets in the state.
• Mobilizing funds from various sources including government for the Implementation of the SPC programmes.