Committee with District Collector as Patron, District Police Chief as Chairman, and District Panchayath Standing Committee Chairman (Education), District heads of Education, Forest, Excise, Transport, Local Self-Government and other departments as members are formed in each Police district. This committee supports, monitors and evaluates project implementation in SPC schools in the respective District. Convenor of the District-level Committee is District Head of Education, its Secretary the District Nodal Officer and it meetson a regular basis.
• Providing necessary support and guidance for SPC programmes in schools
• Preparing priority list of schools where SPC project would be Implemented.
• Co-ordinating various departments for the smooth functioning of SPC programme.
• Making arrangements for the periodic evaluation of SPC Programmes.
• Monitoring school-level SPC activities throughout the District
• Proposing district-level programmes and activities for facilitating development and ensuring ongoing effectiveness of SPC scheme